Lloyd, New Hampshire

Lloyd pickup found in New Hampshire

Mike Eldred, who has shared some of his ramblings through New England with us previously, sends us another one that proves they’re still out there – you just gotta go look for ‘em!

We were out having a Sunday drive (actually it was Labor Day, Monday) when I spotted this old gas station next to a farm house in Alexandria, NH.  There are really quite a few of these old gas stations around, scattered along our New England highways, and I’ve never really given them a second thought.  Recently though, I’ve thought it would be interesting to start photographing them.

Anyway, I walked around the house (which was as abandoned as the gas station) and found this truck in the carriage house.  It’s a Lloyd LT600 pickup, which had a 19 hp, two-cylinder, four-stroke engine.  They were made in Germany by Borgward from 1955-61.

This one has seen better days, obviously.  I didn’t spend a lot of time nosing around, since I felt like I was tresspassing even though there were no warning signs or gunshots.  Part of the original construction, it appears, includes a lot of wood framing.  The panel between the passenger compartment and the cargo area was a sheet of plywood.  From what I can see from other photos on the Web, that’s the way they were made.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий