HAMB Drags 2003… Has it really been six years?

The first annual HAMB Drags happened 6 years ago at the Mo-Kan Dragstrip in Asbury, Missouri. When Ryan announced the new venture earlier that year, I had a feeling it was gonna be a really special inaugural event that I just had to attend: Low buck, run what you brung, honest-to-goodness drag racing amongst like-minded folks! More flatheads, home-built roadsters, rail jobs, and rickshaws than one would ever see at a typical NHRA deal. Above all else, I really wanted to support my friend Ryan, the HAMB, and my buddies like SamIyam and Gordini (who were trailering their freshly-built drag cars all the way out from California for this deal- That’s some commitment!)

Those of you who were there that sweltering Summer day with me know how fun and cool it was to be at ‘The First’. That excitement of knowing anything can happen, and that your there to see it all… To make some history.

Sadly, I didn’t take many pictures that day- Probably running around having too much fun. Rather than re-post pics that have already been on the HAMB, I found cool pics by Jim Marlett here.

Editor’s note: The first H.A.M.B. Drags was put on as an after thought… I’m terrible in crowds, had no idea what I was doing, and way more people showed up than anyone expected. To put it nicely, I froze up. My wife (Marcie) had to take over the reigns to get registration to run smoothly and I just kind of hid in a corner. Of course, Marcie couldn’t do it all by herself and guess who came to the rescue? None other than Jay Ward - your author.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий